Family and Funeral Home History

In 1892, Arthur F. Ahlgrim established the Ahlgrim Undertaking Parlor in Chicago, in the vicinity of 14th Street and Blue Island Avenue. At that time, he had no idea he was starting a family tradition that would span four generations.

In 1905, Arthur moved his undertaking parlor to West 21st Street in Chicago to better serve the community. Arthur’s son, Walter, joined the firm in 1925 after graduating from the Worsham College of Mortuary Science. The funeral home changed locations several times during the middle part of the century, and in 1956, landed at the corner of Spring Road and Vallette Street in Elmhurst. Arthur’s grandsons, Arthur, Robert, and Roger, all received their funeral director’s licenses in 1957 and became active in the family business.

With service dating back over a century, Arthur F. Ahlgrim, together with his son Walter, and grandsons, made it their mission to offer caring and personal service to all who they served. Today, Scott Ahlgrim, a fourth generation funeral director, has made it his goal to carry out that commitment to excellence that was started so long ago.

Over a century of service to our community.

Click here if you would like a free copy of our Family Owned brochure.

TO TOP